Tel :+86 750 8936336
Fax :+86 750 8936336
Mobile :+86 13380951262
WeChat :+86 13380951262
Whatsapp :+86 13380951262
Email : email@example.com
Add : No.388,Huiyuan industrial park,Heshan city,Guangdong province,China
Making your own desk can save hundreds or thousands of dollars. If you
are interested in a customized look, you can create a wooden desk that
looks professional and has plenty of storage space. Measure your office,
choose your look and build a desk that fits your style. Some
familiarity with power tools and home improvement projects will make
this job easier.
1.Get your materials. You'll need a side table or nightstand that is at least almost as high as you want your desk to be, MDF or plywood that is as deep as or a few inches deeper than the nightstand and as long as you want your desk to be, and table legs (2 if you can find them at the same height as the nightstand, 2 sets at different heights if you need to add legs to the nightstand to keep them even). You will also need wood glue, decking screws, and corner brackets.
-The height of the table legs and the nightstand (+ optional legs) must be equal and at a good height for a desk. Buy wood table legs for the long side that are made of wood so that they can be trimmed to size.
2.Cut your wood to size. Cut the wood desktop to the desired size using a circular saw or jigsaw. Sand it when you are done.
3.Paint the desk top. Paint the desk top to the desired color. Spray paint may be the fastest option.
4.Attach the desk legs. Attach the long legs to the desk top using decking screws. The legs go only on one side, as the cabinet will act as the other set of legs.
5.Place the pieces. Add wood glue to the top of the nightstand and then place the desk top with the cabinet centered under the end with no legs.
6. Attach the desk top to the cabinet. Brace the desk top further in place by attaching corner brackets underneath.
7. Do finishing touches. You can paint or add other finishing touches to your new desk. Enjoy!
Method 2. Floating Desk
1. Get your materials. You'll need 5' of 2x10 lumber and 6' of 1x10 lumber of quality but lightweight wood, wood glue, decking screws, 1" wood screws, and three 4-5" L brackets. You'll also need a saw and a stud finder, as well as any stain or paint desired.
2.Cut the wood to size. You'll need two 5' boards and two 5" boards. The 5" boards should come from the 1x10 lumber.
3.Mount the desk top to the wall. Mount the desk top (the 5' 2x10) to the wall, using the decking screws and the L brackets. The L brackets should be attached to the studs in your wall, so be sure to locate these before you attach the brackets. Use the shorter screws when attaching the desktop to the brackets.
4. Attach the side boards to the bottom piece. Glue and then use decking screws to attach the 5" side pieces to the bottom board.
5. Attach the bottom section to the top. Apply wood glue to the tops of the side boards, brace the bottom section in place beneath the desk top, and then use decking screws to drill through the desktop into the side pieces.
6. Allow it to set. Place a brace underneath the desk structure until the glue dries.
7. Add finishing touches. You can paint your desk if you want to or add other finishing touches. Keep in mind that your desktop can only support a monitor or laptop PC and should not be used to support a desktop PC.